Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Traditions?!




So, I know these pumpkin pancakes have nothing to do with the Christmas season except they are a way fun Halloween tradition that my Mom started when we were kids. Halloween morning she would get up and make us pumpkin pancakes. I absolutely loved it and now I do them every Halloween for my family.

I am on the hunt for fun Christmas traditions, no matter how small, to start with my family. I love traditions and look forward to them. So please help me by telling me some of your fun family traditions! I would love to get some ideas! Thanks!

5 comments:

Kim Greer said...

I heard this the other day and thought it was a cute idea. You get some kind of elf, stuffed or a picture or something, and put it somewhere different every day. When the kids wake up in the morning they get to find it, and all day long it is watching them, and at night it reports back to Santa how they were during the day.

Amy Teeter said...

We always use to do the Christmas story and act it out when I was little that is one I would like to start, maybe your family could do it better than mine cause you have enough to act it out!

Cindy said...

One of my favorite traditions is being a Christmas Angel. We love to go pick a name off the tree, buy presents and wonder on Christmas morning what the child thought of their presents. If we know a specific family we like to give directly to them instead. This is more fun than any present I open on Christmas morning and I know Tayler can say the same thing!

JeNnA said...

There are a few i have heard here and there....refill stockings on new years eve, gingerbread houses, kids open up new pjs on christmas eve and go look at ligts and then watch a christmas movie, this is if siblings live in the same town.... which you do so it'd work out great... but family has a progressive dinner! these are fu ones that i've wanted to start! let me know what you think!

Katie said...

Hi Tonya, I saw you on Erin's blog and thought I'd take a look at yours. You can't forget the annual trip to Temple Squareto see the lights. It's one of my favorite things and it never gets old. I still find myself amazed year after year. It's really fun if you get lots of family there.