Sunday, March 22, 2009

Shaylee's Finger :(





We were at the grocery store doing so major shopping and we had come out to the car. Shaylee opened her car door and pinched her finger between her door and the SUV next to us. It made a huge blood blister and it blew out the top of her finger and she started to bleed everywhere. At the same time I was taking Jake out of the shopping cart and he had wet through his clothes (I ofcourse did not have his diaper bag or spare clothes), and Kaitlyn is screaming at the top of her lungs "She is going to die, Mom, Shaylee is dying!" Oh, and there was a full grocery cart and none of the kids were hooked in! So yah, I took a deep breath, stuck Jake in the car, wrapped Shaylee's finger up with something, told Kaitlyn to calm down and get in the car, and found a way sweet girl to help me unload my groceries. We were then off to the hospital for stitches. Mind you that the whole way Kaitlyn is crying and screaming that Shaylee's going to die which really calmed Shaylee down. I tried to call Kirt so he could meet me because I wasn't excited to juggle my 3 children who where having their own personal disasters, on my own. So Kirt met me, took Jake home and changed him, and came back to help hold Shaylee down during her stitches. It was one dramatic day to say the least! Shay's finger is now much better, thank goodness, because I had gone through 2 boxes of bandaides in 1 week.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Poor Shayley, that looked like it really hurt! I'm glad Kaitlyn's sister didn't die...what a drama queen!