Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Curse...

So I have a curse (atleast I figure it is a curse cause I can't figure out what else is wrong with me)! When I go shopping I ALWAYS get the crappy broken down shopping cart! It bothers me so bad that finally when I walk into a store I take time to scope out the carts to see which one looks the best and after I make my decision I start down the isle of the store and what do you know, it's crap! And on the rare occasions that I have a cart that functions properly the seat belt is broken so my poor child risks a skull fracture every 10 minutes while we are shopping. I really don't understand. When you go shopping with three children, one who can't stay sitting, the other sliding on her knees down the isle, and the other (no joke) on top of the shelves because she thought that they looked like fun to climb, all I need is a cart that takes an army of men to turn, or a broken wheel, or one that squeeks so loud your kids feel that it is competition to be louder than it, to draw more attention to our little circus! I honestly hate going grocery shopping for fact that I have to use a cart! On the positive side, atleast they are free to use because in Canada it costs $1.00 to use a cart and do you know how upset I would be to have to pay a buck to get a crappy cart and inflict grocery shopping pain?

8 comments:

Morgan said...

Oh my gosh, I KNOW! I KNOW! I know...You made me laugh. At least the people in canada pay a dollar and get an actual functioning cart!

Ryan & Amber said...

I always get the crappy cart too. I hate it. They all must be like that. I always get the cart that he wheels lock up on. When I get a squeeky cart, I try to put pressure on different spots on the handlebar to try to make it stop.

Fry Family 1217 said...

Haha!! I feel your pain with the crazy kids thing... yesterday I had to drag Aubree outta the store screaming because I wouldn't give her a doughnut! Kids are so much fun to shop with!! Good luck with the shopping cart curse, maybe it only lasts 7 years!?

Kim Greer said...

Haha, it is so true. There really must be no good carts if we all have the same problem!

Lisa Summers & Fam said...

You have been really busy, but I agree I always end up with the imbarrassing carts too. i think they just need all new ones!!!!

Jamie said...

You're funny! You are one brave gal to go grocery shopping with 3 kids! That would totally stress me out. I can barely handle shopping with Justin. ahha.

Lindsey Smith said...

I love that you left a comment. I hate when people say, "I saw on your blog...." I just want to say "well I had no idea you were there so until you leave a commment we are fighting." Not really but kinda,lol. I so get the shopping cart mess. I hate it when you find out in the middle of the trip and there is no way your going to go switch it out because lets be hones, that's way too much work. Keep i touch:)

Jason and Becky said...

It's back to those apartments in Logan. Our children caught vibes from eachother and we obviously caught the same picking the worst cart vibe. Was shopping was ever fun? Sometimes when I have the blessed experience of going by myself I end of wandering in the store looking at nothing. I think I am in shock that no one is running around, screaming at me, slipping, jumping in the cart or begging for something.